Four More Days gone...10 left...

24 Days to go...

Dear Pati,

Inteha ho gayee intezaar ki,
Akele holiday cut ti nahin,
Missing poha paratha mocktail and we,
Your savouring endless cups of tea,
And the countless angry stares from me,
Inteha ho gayee intezar ki.

O How we lazed in front of the TV,
And you grabbed the remote from me,
Your afternoon dal-chaawal with oodles of ghee,
And aaloo ki subzi for company,
Intezaar ho gayee intezar ki.

As the sun sets behind the tree,
And the night sky turns burgundy,
Faraway towards the moon I see,
And drift away to the land of fantasy.
Inteha ho gayee intezar ki.
Intezaar ho gayee intezar ki.


23 days to go...

Dear Pati,
The Sunday silence is so loud,
It resonates in my soul.
The dark and cloudy overcast sky,
Above is taking its toll.
The deafening hollow thunder,
Pierces deep inside.
The tiny droplets on my face,
My feelings they cannot hide.
The gently blowing chilling breeze,
Send shivers down my spine.
And as my hair blow across my face,
I miss the hand that would have pushed it behind.

22 Days to go...


Dear Pati,  
                                                                                                                                                                
Today as I wear red,
I think what you would have said.
I'd say, " I hate this hue."
And you'd say, " But red gives you your due!"
I'd grouse and say, "It dosen't suit me."
You'd reassure me with "You look very pretty."
I'd argue, "But isn't it too bright?"
And you'd encourage "Baby you look quite a sight!"
Knowing you, I know it isn't even half true,
But I just love the extra attention from you.
And then as you would playfully tease,
I would turn away and play with the car keys!
Today the red seems glaringly bright,
And yes, it has lost all its delight.
Today I'm not sure what looks good on me,
'Cause there isn't your naughty advice for free!!!

21 days to go...

Dear Pati,

I find myself talking way too less
Nowadays, Just as you would always request.
"Begum, how much can you chat!"
You said, while I carelessly continued to yak!

At times you would just hold your head,
"Begum, Please give your tongue a little rest."
"But listen Pati, I have some more to share."
"Just keep shut. I really don't care!"
"Pati, I have some juicy gossip to disclose."
"Begum, please call up your friends to share the daily dose.
My head is sore with all your non-stop chatter.
A cup of tea please, with pakoras on the platter."

Fuming, I'd say," Pati, just you wait.
I am going out and will be late."
Quickly you'd add, " O begum, it was just a gag."
Hold your head and cry, " God, I need a fag!"
But now as the daily babble has died down,
And there isn't much of noise around.
I eagerly wait for you to come back,
And put my fervent rant on track!!!

20 Days to go...

Dear Pati,

Aaj sirhane takiye par,
Jo bheega sa katra hai,
Shayad tera hissa hai.
Shayad mera hissa hai.

Kal raat jab lee angdai thee,
Padhte-padhte jhapki si aayee thee,
Ek khayal ne batti bujhayee thee,
Phir uthkar chadar udhai thee.
Wo kuch nazuk sa adhura khayal,
Shayad tera hissa hai.
Shayad mera hissa hai.

Maine neend main shayad jagaya tha,
Pani ke ek glass ke liye tumhe uthaya tha,
Yuhin kuch bad-badate hue tumne haath badhaya tha,
Phir kheejkar glass mujhe dhamaya tha.
Neend bhari tumhari aankhon mein,
Jo meetha sa gussa hai.
Shayad tera hissa hai.
Shayad mera hissa hai.

Aadhi raat ko jab chand khidki par aaya tha,
Tumne kareeb lakar mujhe bahoon mein chupaya tha,
Phir kuch besharam sa kano mein gun-gunaya tha,
Aur maine hanskar tumhe angutha dikhaya tha.
Raat ke teen peher guzar jaane par,
Jo badtameez sa khayal tumhare dil mein aaya hai,
Shayad tera hissa hai.
Shayad mera hissa hai.

Aaj sirhane takiye par,
Jo bheega sa katra hai,
Shayad tera hissa hai,
Shayad mera hissa hai.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS

The Life and Death of a Family and Nation