I AM WHAT I AM

I know that I'm not perfect
And that I don't claim to be.
So before you point your fingers,
Be sure your hands are clean.

Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you're not ready for judgement.

The road of life is rocking
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me,
someone else is judging you.

There are ladies and then there are girls and then there is me.

Feminine, decent, dignified, graceful …the perfect lady… I am not. I am and have always been tomboyish, loud, non-accepting, crazy, rebellious and not at all submissive.

Women aren’t supposed to have a mind of their own, should be quieter and not speak out, they are never in charge, they are supposed to be damsels in distress, never the hero. Aha…just some of the stereotypes I have grown up with and face till date even in my middle age.

What are stereotypes? Stereotypes are widely accepted judgements regarding a person or group — even though it is overly simplified. Stereotypes about gender can cause unequal and unfair treatment because of a person’s gender.

 Most parents agree that they never teach their boys to wash the dishes or do the laundry and make the beds. Men of course are supposed to be lazy, loud, messy and anything else they want to be. It’s ok if they do it and when a woman does it she is a slut, very unladylike and has no grace or dignity at all. Its macho to curse and use cuss words for men, while women doing the same, is totally unacceptable.

So when is a man decent, dignified and graceful….the perfect gentleman? Seldom have I seen a male whom I can describe so. But even so they are accepted by society because you know, men will be men.

I have had enough of the “hawwws” and “ahems”, when people interact with me especially after they have known me for a while and talk behind my back. Yes I have carved an identity of my own, you may not like it but well at least I have an identity which is more than I can say about most women (or men for that matter) who put up a façade to ensure they make and retain friends. Oscar Wilde very rightly said “A woman's face is her work of fiction”.



Although I love to read fiction I have no interest really to be a part of it or make myself a fictional character. There are some boundaries I will never cross but before you, yes, you out there, the reader becomes all judgemental, I would like to emphasize that I am a nice person, walk the extra mile for friend or foe alike and find myself much better than those who are unfortunate enough not to live the life they want to or live it the way they want to.


To each their own of course, but then just let me be…you don’t like me….stop talking to me or being a part of my life. I am what I am. Judge if you are ready to be judged, bitch if you are ready to be bitched about, curse if you are ready to be cursed too. 

Comments

  1. Hey, I happened to stumble upon your blog and liked it very much. Following you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

THE HUSTLE CULTURE! Are you in on it?

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS