My Mantra: Promises I have made to myself

 


I PROMISE TO ... .

... Love myself – all of me and my muddled, topsy-turvy, frenzied emotions; 

… Give expression to each of my tumultuous thoughts and say what the world is afraid to say – say what people don't want to hear – say something that's never been said before; 

… Love the world as it is – love the harmony of nature while accepting the disorder and cacophony we are surrounded with; 

… Accept myself – Be my own sunshine, be my own light, and hold my own hand; 

… Bond closely with my flaws – Be in a relationship with them; 

… Celebrate myself – make each moment an adventure – write my own adventures; 

 … Embrace each part of myself – flawed or beautiful; 

… Stand tall – not bend my woes – not cower and be thwarted by my worries and doubts; 

 … Dream big – dream small – dream the impossible – just dream.

The most important relationship we can nurture is the one we have with ourselves. Life is a journey filled with ups and downs, triumphs and failures. You can make it a wonderful journey or you can make it, oh well, an excruciating one. Depends on how you go through it -- you can muddle your way through it or you can skip your way through it with a smile on your face.

 

We have all been there. We have all messed up our life, our attitude has taken a hit, we have all wanted to give up, haven't we? I have done it so many times, I can't keep count. 

I made life painful for myself. Yep! You heard that right. I created difficulties for myself by hating my circumstances, by always seeing the glass half-empty (and sometimes completely empty), and by perceiving people and situations negatively.

My mind and my body suffered. I had pushed them too hard. They were on the verge of giving up when I woke up from my exhausted slumber and took stock of what I was doing wrong. 

It was up to me, it is up to me to make life better for myself and those around me. I did just that by first accepting myself for who I was. I then made certain PROMISES to myself.

 

I PROMISE TO:

Love Myself Unconditionally:

The world often demands perfection. But we are not just our achievements or our flaws; we are a complex mystery of emotions, dreams, and experiences. I have thus promised myself to embrace the muddled, topsy-turvy, and frenzied emotions that make me human.

Giving Voice to Untold Truths:

It takes courage to speak up and express our deepest thoughts and emotions ( I use my words). Often, we find ourselves conforming to societal norms, afraid to challenge the status quo. I have thus made a promise to say what the world is afraid to say, to voice what people don't want to hear. I hope and strive to offer a fresh perspective, to ignite conversations that push boundaries and inspire change by using my words.

 

 

Embracing the Chaos:

The world we live in is a beautiful mess, a symphony of harmony and disorder. I have decided to love it as it is, to find solace in nature's serenity while acknowledging the cacophony that surrounds us. Accepting the imperfections of the world allows us to appreciate the beauty that lies within us. I want to learn to adapt, to find peace amidst the chaos, and to cherish the uniqueness of every moment.

Accepting Myself Wholeheartedly:

I have promised to be my own sunshine, my own light, and to hold my own hand through life's uncertainties. Each flaw I possess is an invitation to grow, to deepen my understanding of myself, and to build a stronger connection with who I am at my core. In embracing my flaws, I create space for self-love and self-compassion to be a better version of myself.


Celebrating the Adventure:

Life is an adventure waiting to be written, and I have taken it upon myself to celebrate each moment as my own personal adventure. From the mundane to the extraordinary, every experience holds within it the potential for growth and joy. By embracing each day as MY day, I push myself to go beyond my limits, to discover the magic that lies in the simplest of things, and to write my own extraordinary story.

 


Standing Tall in the Face of Adversity:

Worries and doubts have a way of creeping into our lives, threatening to dampen our spirits. But I have made a promise to stand tall, to resist bending beneath the weight of my woes. Instead of cowering in the face of adversity, I choose to confront it head-on. 


Dreaming Without Limits:

Finally, I promise to dream without limits. Dreams have the power to transcend the boundaries of what seems possible, to inspire us to reach for the stars. Whether big or small, dreams fuel our aspirations and propel us forward on our journey. I have decided not to be confined by the constraints of what society deems achievable, but rather to dream the impossible and believe in the extraordinary potential that lies buried within me.


 

Shape your own narrative, celebrate your uniqueness, and find joy in every moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS

The Life and Death of a Family and Nation