Compare or not to Compare!

 Let's be honest, especially to ourselves, that we tend to compare. 

We hold ourselves up to the work of successful people or even those we perceive as doing better than us, all the time. 

It can be overwhelming and demotivating. It can leave us in the doldrums. 

                        45 Quotes to Remind You That Comparing Yourself To Others Is Unfair

But sometimes, it can be the kick we need to get out of our comfort zone and do something about achieving our goals. 

The most terrible thing you can do is tear yourself down because you feel you aren't getting anywhere in life, and your dreams remain just that - dreams. 

Feelings of inadequacy, underconfidence, self-doubt, and uncertainty, are feelings everyone goes through.

I have seen this happening to me. I have been my worst enemy many times - I hold myself back and feel inferior, which leads me to doubt myself and my skills. "I can't do this", "I am not good enough", can become a mantra, constantly booming in your ears, making you the villain of your own life story. 

I took more than two years to publish my novel because I was afraid of what people would say. I was afraid the book would be a big flop show. I was afraid readers would hate my writing. 

Fear gripped me tightly, paralysing me with thoughts of potential failure. I was terrified of what people would say, afraid that my book would be met with disappointment or disdain. Self-doubt clouded my judgment, making me question whether readers would hate my writing.

                                         Comparison 

Source: https://inspiremykids.com/quotes-for-kids-about-comparison-and-comparing-to-others/

Amidst all this internal turmoil, a flicker of realisation ignited within me. I recognised that I had a choice—to succumb to my fears or to use them as fuel to propel me forward. I decided to challenge my doubts, not myself. It was time to rewrite the narrative and build myself up rather than tear myself down.

But then one day after I had rewritten it, revised it, and edited it a million times I finally decided to face my fears. With trembling hands and a heart brimming with apprehension, I mustered the courage to publish my novel. It was an act of defiance against the self-imposed limitations that had held me captive for far too long. 

The novel Consumed By Obsession is on Amazon for everyone to judge and critique and hopefully enjoy.  

Today, my mantra is clear: use your fears to drive you. Instead of allowing them to consume and paralyse you, channel that energy into taking bold steps toward your dreams. Challenge the doubts that plague your mind, recognising them as mere whispers of uncertainty rather than truths. It is through these challenges that we discover our strength and potential.

Furthermore, it is essential to build ourselves up rather than tear ourselves down. Let go of torturing yourself over perceived weaknesses or shortcomings. Embrace your journey, recognising that it is unique and incomparable. Celebrate your progress, no matter how small, and use it as a reminder that you are capable of greatness.

I implore you to break free from the chains of comparison. Your path is your own, and it holds immeasurable value. Embrace your individuality, your quirks, and your journey. Remember that success is not solely defined by external measures but by the fulfillment and joy you find along the way.

So, the next time you find yourself teetering on the edge of comparison, take a step back, breathe, and remind yourself that your journey is uniquely yours. Embrace your fears, challenge your doubts, and build yourself up. Only then will you truly thrive.

Now, as we continue on our journeys, let's support and uplift one another, celebrating the diverse paths we each tread. 

Share your experiences in the comments below, and together, let's create a community where comparisons fade and encouragement flourishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS

The Life and Death of a Family and Nation