Connecting With My Inner Child


I played
I laughed
I cried with you
I dreamt silly dreams with you

Time flew making happy memories
With joy and passion inside
Life was wondrous and miraculous
With you by my side

I was told to grow up soon
I was told I laughed too much and too loud
I was told I talked too much and too loud
I was told to be mature and pipe down

So I disconnected from you
I distanced myself from you
I stopped laughing with you
I stopped playing with you

I bid goodbye to you
Travelled far far away from you
I abandoned you
I left you all alone

Hurt you retreated
Wounded you hid within
Frightened you tucked yourself away
Unwanted, unloved, shackled you withered away

Underneath my many layers
Of fears and despair
Of tears and heartbreak
You watch and wait quietly in hope

In my darkest time you reach out
There you are a familiar face
I extend my arms to you
I say Hello to the girl I once was

Your throw your arms around me
You wipe my tears
You wash off the gathered dust
You plead with me to laugh and play

It's too late I say
Gone are those days
You want to run when I can only walk
You want to laugh when I can only cry

Hold my hand she pleads
Come with me she leads
I survived so have you
It's safe to come out and play now

I am here to stay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS

THE HUSTLE CULTURE! Are you in on it?