Some of My Favourite Men

There are many men in my life. My two boys, my husband and my father are the most favourite of them all. However, there are some others who have stolen my heart.  

                          
Just the other day I came across an article about the very debonair and suave Prime Minister of Canada.  I said to myself now this is a man I would love to know more about. The Canadian Prime Minister has held office for less than a year and he is dominating headlines across the globe.

Justin Trudeau may have been born with a silver spoon but he sure knows how to hold his own and make a statement. His popularity increases each day. He doesn’t shy away from taking a stand on controversial issues, shaking a leg on the floor doing a bhangra wearing a kurta pyjama, or striking impressive yoga poses and even flirting with the Queen on Twitter and most importantly being a family man. 
There are websites galore on the internet enumerating how special and different he is from lots of other men especially prime ministers. Justin Trudeau is a feminist who believes “poverty is sexist,” going on to add that “women and girls are less likely to get an education, more likely to be impoverished, and face greater risk of disease and poor health.” Adding to this he said, “I accept your challenge to lead. As a feminist, I know that women must be treated equally everywhere.” Sigh, a male feminist. Wow!
And if that doesn’t melt your heart this next snippet of information will.  Trudeau announced that during a visit to Japan, he'll take a day off from work to celebrate his 11th wedding anniversary with his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau. “This is the kind of work-life balance that I've often talked about as being essential in order to be able to be in service of the country with all one's very best, and that's certainly something I'm going to continue to make sure we do," Trudeau said, according to Canada's CBC News.

When he is not busy doing one hand push ups and balancing babies on one hand he is involved in inducting women in his cabinet.  Trudeau appointed women to 15 of his 30 Cabinet spots, after vowing to do so during his swearing-in. When a reporter asked Trudeau why gender equality was important, he responded, "Because it's 2015."
He has a large fan base and why wouldn’t he, especially when he goes to the airport to personally greet Syrian refugees and help hand out warm winter coats, pokes fun at himself, has degrees in Engineering and Literature, might be one of the only prime ministers to sport a tattoo on his very fit body and has pledged to fight climate change.

The above reasons are just some of the reasons why people want to migrate to Canada and why I  felt I had to make a mention of him on my blog. And now that I have gone and written about him, I feel I need to write about all my other favourite men.

Hmmmmm…my next blogticle will have to be about Dev Anand.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTRIBUTION OF A HOUSEWIFE TO SOCIETY

STARS CAN'T SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS

The Life and Death of a Family and Nation